Re: Feedback Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed Release 0.6.rc1

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: Feedback Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed Release 0.6.rc1
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 20:49:39 -0800

On 2009-11-28, at 12:02 PM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

>> 4) should the filter "Active patient" be "Active patient + admin" ?
>
> That would be active patient + non-patient, right ?

Looking over all of the text in the inbox::

It says

        Welcome...
        Below find the new messages in your inbox

but are these purely the new messages, or do they include previously-seen but
incompletely-actioned / undeleted messages? If the answer is not just new
messages, the above text needs revision.

Next it says:

        Filter to: (  ) All patients    (  ) Active patient

but the above does not take any account of the non-patient messages, which
evidently would continue to show regardless of whether a person would select
"All patients" or "Active patient". Also, it appears possible for the inbox to
contain a non-clinical message about the active patient. Therefore I expect
that:

1) when filtering on the Active patient, the user would wish to see more than
just the clinical messages... they may as well see *all* the messages linked to
that person
2) when not filtering on the Active patient, the alternative would be "All
messages" and not just "All patients"

Therefore the alteration should be

        Show : (  ) All messages    (  ) Active patient's messages

note that I suggest the word "Show" because the word "Filter" implies a
restriction.