Re: Feedback Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed Release 0.6.rc1

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: Feedback Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed Release 0.6.rc1
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 20:47:08 +0100

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 10:53:19AM -0800, Jim Busser wrote:

> > That also means the list would be blank were it possible to
> > filter to the active patient while no patient is yet in
> > focus.
>
> I don't see that as a problem

Neither do I.

> because presently we have no
> ability to unset focus after a focus has been set

Oh, but we do !  Set the option

        patient_search.always_dismiss_previous_patient

in the database to 1 and search for a non-existing patient :-)

This isn't much tested at all, though.

> (even though I have been thinking it could be useful to be able to
> do so for example clearing out of view the current patient
> while moving onto the next, in the event of any interruption
> or delay bringing the next patient into focus).

I advocate locking the screen or better yet have the OS do
that after a timeout which may or may not be tied to a
presence check (webcam, wireless token, ...).

> if it would be useful to bring into view *only* the
> non-patient-lreated messages (i.e. just the administrative)
> then we should have a better way to do this, even a radio
> button
>
>       (  ) Non-patient related ("only" however the "only" can be taken as
> implied)

I knew it :-)

Anyway, we'd make that a wishlist item.