Re: Feedback Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed Release 0.6.rc1

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: Feedback Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed Release 0.6.rc1
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 09:18:54 -0800

On 2009-11-30, at 3:34 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

>>      Show messages: () All for provider () Active-patient related
>
> Well, it is *your* inbox (it so sayeth at the top), so "All"
> can be expected to expand to "All your messages" -- and the
> tooltip clearly says so.

In a tightly-constrained model, yes.

I was thinking ahead to how we would handle the absence of a doctor from the
praxis when it may be necessary for one of the other doctors to check the
person's inbox. In such a situation we may want to extend the current inbox
functionality, in place of having to develop a new widget.

If we were to do this, we may need a user-selectable filter which defaults to
the current user and which identifies the other users whose identity could be
selected. The inbox header would somewhere show:

        All for <selected user>

Among messages of type

        unreviewed documents
        unreviewed results

it could be really helpful if the message can include whether any of the lab
results were technically abnormal.

The only other high-level piece to determine would be restrictions around the
ability to do this. Messages of type

        unreviewed documents
        unreviewed results

do not cost the patient any privacy... it would only be at the point that those
would be viewed that the undesignated user would get to some detail that maybe
was not intended for them to see. Privacy issues in documents and results could
inherit from whatever future protections (say, on types of tests like
sexually-transmitted including pregnancy testing or psychiatry reports might
have been "typed" in the praxis backend).

User-generated messages (user to user) might benefit from not having their
details in the subject line or, if that would make it too hard to visually pick
out a needed item, then the future functionality might allow a user to
designate a message as personal or confidential in which case the message top
line could show as
        (personal) or
        (confidential)
or some such.