Re: Feedback Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed Release 0.6.rc1

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: Feedback Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed Release 0.6.rc1
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 13:08:05 +0100

On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 04:38:06PM -0800, Jim Busser wrote:

> >     Show messages: () All  () Active patient's
> >
> > This will
> >
> > - always include messages for the current provider only
> >  (as it used to)
> >
> > - always include messages not related to any particular
> >  patient (as it used to)
>
> see below
>
> > - "ALL" will filter to messages related to any patient
>
> and also messages not related to any particular patient

IOW, to all messages.

> > - "Active patient's" will filter to messages related to the
> >  active patient only
>
> and also messages not related to any particular patient

Precisely. That's why I put "always" in the abovementioned
preconditions.

> IMO this remains confusing and this is most apparent when
> first logging in at which time *no* patient is selected.
> This will result in displayed messages even when no patient
> name or photo  Clicking "Active patient's" will show that
> "Mr Kirk is off..." but this message was not actually linked
> to Kirk, nor is the administrative memo "Beware of Dr
> Jekyll".
>
> Therefore I would suggest that
>
>       "All" shows all (nonpatient plus all patients')

But it does ??  It shows all messages for the current
provider regardless of whether they are related to a patient
or not.

>       "Active patient's" shows *only* the active patient's (not the
> nonpatient messages)

But this is what you suggested (and what it always was) just
a few mails back ?  active-patient plus non-patient messages ?

If someone (such as a test data script run during
bootstrapping) is so dumb as to include a non-patient
message the wording of which actually speaks to the contrary
-- what can GNUmed do about that ?

That'd be like writing a letter and putting big print on the
front of the envelope saying "THIS IS A POSTCARD".

> also I would change the label because the messages do not belong to the
> patient, they only relate to the patient. Sorry. So it should be
>
>       Show messages: () All  () Active-patient related

Yes, that's what it now shows.

> (placement of the hyphen intentional) where
> "Active-patient related" shows *only* the active patient's
> (not the nonpatient messages)

See above.