Re: Printing was Re: Feedback Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed Release 0.6.rc1

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: Printing was Re: Feedback Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed Release 0.6.rc1
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 12:27:32 +0100

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 04:41:46PM -0800, Jim Busser wrote:

BTW, the reasons why I don't intend to use:

1) our established UNO bridge to ODF in OOo:

        - UNO seems to not be well-tended on some platforms
        - I don't feel like investing the time to dive into how
          to extend or create a table programmatically inside
          an ODF document

2) Jerzy's way of using OOo with HTML:

        (because then creating/extending tables would be easier
programmatically)

        - unfortunately, Jerzy did not communicate back in time for
          us to jointly develop a stable working printing path
          based on his way of doing things

Note that it is not necessary to have just one way of
printing - patient letters will remain just as they are
based on ODF via OOo.