Printing was Re: Feedback Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed Release 0.6.rc1

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Printing was Re: Feedback Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed Release 0.6.rc1
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 14:51:01 -0800

On 2009-11-24, at 11:18 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

>> Print will indeed create some treeware, eventually !  :-)
>
> Thinking on how to do it. I tend to favour LaTeX.

Does wxWidgets offer the capacity to evoke a print manager layer which will
offer the user
- to print via a currently-selected or last-used or default printer
- to select from options in the print output from the current job
- to make adjustments settings that could be memorized for re-use by GNUmed
later?

If wxWidgets will *not* be involved, how will output get to the printer or into
a "print as PDF" alternative?

Also, would everything that prints be the result of a query, or would there be
some stuff that would be printed from memory variables, or GNUmed user
configurational file content, or from the user's system for example current
date and time?