Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Texlive and Gnumed

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Texlive and Gnumed
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 19:11:15 +0100

On Tue, Mar 09, 2010 at 05:46:57PM +0100, Gour wrote:

> Again, that's only Debian. I gave it up trying to prepare packages for
> Arch due to non-standard packaging of tarballs.

Another bit of misinformation.

There is no standard way of packaging tarballs that I know of.

What suggestions you offered on this list regarding
tarballing were duly considered and - where sensible - even
followed.

> and after the packages are installed, one can immediately connect with
> Tryton client to the public demo server or change the server to
> localhost and 'login dialog' enables one to create new database and
> start using Tryton on localhost without any further configuration,
> assuming that PostgreSQL server is running.

I would appreciate if you could investigate and post a
detailed report on how they achieve this. If it is possible
to do without giving up basic access security we shall like
to do as they do !