Re: su -c now fatal on Mac? was Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed 0.9.1 Release

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: su -c now fatal on Mac? was Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed 0.9.1 Release
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2011 10:16:12 +0200

Am Freitag, 8. April 2011, 21:50:43 schrieb Jim Busser:
> I dropped from this thread the last few replies (see earlier in thread for
> details).
>
> I was eventually successful with the newest bootstrap in the server 15
> tarball (as part of 0.9.2 release).
>
> Success needs
>
> - still (presumably) a non-shipped Python for Mac (I am using MacPorts)
>
> -
> PATH=/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/V
> ersions/Current/bin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin plus one
> of (I used the /Library)
>
>       export PATH=$PATH:/Library/PostgreSQL/8.4/bin/
>       export PATH=$PATH:/opt/local/lib/postgresql84/bin
>
> - uncommenting of the postgres password prompt in
>
>       update_db-v14_v15.conf
>
>       [user postgres]
>       name = postgres
>       # password =
>
> without which you get the "cannot bootstrap bundles" below. I uncommented
> and as successful, however can the conf files maybe autodetect Mac OS in
> that that case prompt for postgres password

The shell script potentially could do this. In Windows users where overwhelmed
by being asked a password so I simply preset it.

In any case when we start narrowing in on a Mac version (instead of running
from source - e.g a Macports version) we can always ship an altered soure
tarball.

Ultimately I would like to see a Macports version.

Couple things come to mind here:

which PG ? EntrerpriseDB or Macports ?
macports version of the GNUmed server or a binary one (which will have trouble
pulling in stuff, might need a seperate installer such as the one used by
EnterpriseDB and could be used to alter config files)

For the client:

source or binary (which is possible as we have demonstrated with 0.8.5)

Sebastian