Re: [Gnumed-devel] Billing/LedgerSMB gap analysis

From: Rogerio Luz Coelho
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Billing/LedgerSMB gap analysis
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 15:10:11 -0300

Seems good to me here in Brasil

Here we expect the client to go to his/her insurance company if he wants to be reimbursed of any money.
We get paid by the insurance only if we already have some sort of employer/employee relationship.

Rogerio

2011/6/13 Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden>
On Thu, Jun 09, 2011 at 11:52:29PM -0700, Chris Travers wrote:

> There are a few specific challenges regarding medical billing which
> break down into some larger more general problems which LedgerSMB is
> not prepared to gracefully handle.  There are ways to accomplish this
> provided that specific functionality.  The major issue here is third
> party billing.

> What you need to be able to do is to be able to track what insurance
> paid vs co-pay, or if it is pushed back, what the total owed is.

Yes, that is the major problem of US/near-US billing AFAICT.

> The second issue involves local regulatory and billing needs.    I am
> not sure at this point we have any idea what this requires on more
> than one or two locations.    In terms of additional price factors,
> that would require an add-on as well.  However I think the best
> approach here would be to look at this as a locale by locale basis
> rather than insisting that this be everything to everybody.

Certainly not.

Supporting "just" simply being able to write a normal bill
as if there were no complications would already be a great
step forward for many locations.

It would likely not generate US business opportunities, I agree.

> Does it sound like I am missing anything fundamental in terms of the
> accounting system (narrowly-defined)?

It sounds like you captured what is desirably (not minimally
required, though) for US billing.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346