Re: [Gnumed-devel] Billing/LedgerSMB gap analysis

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Billing/LedgerSMB gap analysis
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 09:10:15 +0200

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 03:02:29PM -0700, Chris Travers wrote:

> >> Seems good to me here in Brasil
> >>
> >> Here we expect the client to go to his/her insurance company if he wants to
> >> be reimbursed of any money.
> >
> > Exactly, that is what I meant. In many parts of the world
> > just writing a simple bill will go a long way.
>
> As far as simple billing. we are there.

Purely technically, yes, except we'd desire at least some
sort of linking between GNUmed and LSMB:

        - pick bill items in GNUmed
        - from LSMB push to/update in GNUmed the list of billable items
        - make LSMB know about items picked in GNUmed that
          are to be turned into a bill now

That's IMO the minimally useful way.

Or else I could say that GNUmed already has near-limitless
image editing capabilities simply because GIMP is installed
on my machine.

There's no rush, though. We'll work it out together.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de