Re: [Gnumed-devel] Document parts display

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Document parts display
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 23:22:16 -0700

On 2011-06-26, at 10:35 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> It will also display, given there's a filename extension
> available from the .filename field, display
>
>       (xxx <magnitude> <file extension>)
>
> such as
>
>       (1.2 MB png)
>       (800 kB PDF)

Is seems possible in GNUmed to attach blobless documents. In other words, to
attach "nothing" except a Comment (as was done in the script which attached
Kirk test data "missing").

The attached screenshot gives only a hint (7K) which I did not grasp until
after I grepped "Vietnam" and saw that no part (i.e. "missing") was added.

Is it possible to further improve

        (xxx <magnitude> <file extension>)

so as to indicate (when there is no blob)

        (7 Bytes – no attachment)

-- Jim

PNG image