Re: [Gnumed-devel] Backend dem.urb needs cleaner constraint

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Backend dem.urb needs cleaner constraint
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2011 23:02:01 -0700

On 2011-10-07, at 10:59 PM, Jim Busser wrote:

> But I suppose there may exist a counter-argument, which rests mainly on
> whether some locations are so large (e.g. large hospitals or universities)
> that even
>
>       id_street, number, subunit
>
> are not enough… perhaps 'subunit' is one building, making 'addendum' needed
> to specify 'where in that building'?

the result of which should be that we still allow unique to accommodate any
range among

         id_street, aux_street, number, subunit, addendum

but can we agree to check case, so that inconsistent entries (or imports) do
not result in semantically-redundant rows

        6681, NULL, 1750, Apt 7, NULL
        6681, NULL, 1750, APt 7, NULL
        6681, NULL, 1750, APT 7, NULL

?