Re: [Gnumed-devel] How to export an entire patient record

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] How to export an entire patient record
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 18:59:04 +0000

On 2011-11-09, at 8:42 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

>> If no, then it won't be possible for GNUmed to be taken
>> seriously as viable (sound) option
>
> I should humbly tend to think this a rather lofty statement.

Provocative by intent <grin>.

Do the following schemas adequately capture what is relevant to communicate the
full record of care?

        dem (for practical identifying information)
        clin
        blobs (documents etc)

In each case where a table has been defined to hold clinically relevant
information, would the information have been pretty much referenced from at
least one postgres 'view'? I have put together a wiki page for each schema,
listing per-schema the principal tables on the left and the views on the right.

        http://wiki.gnumed.de/bin/view/Gnumed/CareRelatedTablesV16

Just wondering whether the views provide a preferred (and adequate) method to
be able to access and to express the data, in that they may more-usefully
configure the 'raw data' via associated link tables (including reference values
from outside the clin schema).

-- Jim