Re: [Gnumed-devel] How to export an entire patient record

From: Nicolas Barbier
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] How to export an entire patient record
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 22:47:23 +0100

2011/11/9 Busser, Jim <address@hidden>:

> Before anyone should use GNUmed in production as an entire patient record
> ( as opposed to a partial record serving a special, limited function) it
> is going to be necessary to have a way to easily produce the entirety of
> a patient's record. Right now, I am not sure how completely existing
> placeholders will do that.
>
> Will a combination of the EMR Journal plus all documents in the document
> archive achieve that? If yes, how would these be most easily outputted?
>
> If no, then it won't be possible for GNUmed to be taken seriously as
> viable (sound) option until such time as this capability has been added.
> In this case, I would like us to put together the requirements on this
> thread.

FYI,

In Belgium we have a national “migration” export format that needs to
be supported by GP EHR systems if users (GPs) want to receive a yearly
subvention; therefore, it is (or will soon be as the homologation
procedure for this year is still not finished) supported by the major
GP EHR systems. This format is called “GP Software Migration Format”
(GPSMF) and is documented at [1].

It might be that other countries or organizations are defining similar
formats, but I don't know of any (except maybe OpenEHR, which I think
defines an application-neutral way of encoding a full health record
including a full history of changes; it has been a long time since I
last read up on it, so I might be wrong here).

Currently, GPSMF it is meant to be used by a GP to migrate from one to
another EHR system. It therefore encodes all changes to a health
record, including “retroactive changes” (which I like to call
“corrections of input mistakes”), so exporting+importing a health
record doesn't lose that history. A restricted version of the format
is being defined that leaves out such “retroactive changes”, which is
supposed to be used to migrate a health record from one GP to another.

Nicolas

[1]
<URL:https://www.ehealth.fgov.be/standards/kmehr/content/website/home/rules/specialmessages/GP_software_migration.xml>

--
A. Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion.
Q. Why is top posting bad?