[Gnumed-devel] Placeholders for medications

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Placeholders for medications
Date: Sat, 5 May 2012 23:19:27 +0000

The attached PDF suggests a possible improvement and a possible bug (relative
to LaTex).

The output of the placeholder

        $<current_meds_table::latex>$

which generates the top item (the table) has some nice elements, for example in
the left column, a two-line structure with the brand name in the top line and
the strength in the bottom line. The regimen is also informative.

The table is missing, however, the generic or INN name of the substance. The
bottom row contains something that I invented for Kirk, Imaginol, which has 4
components and these are hinted at. But nowhere can one see in this table the
components and it is not a good practice to fail to include the components.

Can we achieve this by inserting, into the placeholder, the names of the
components ? We could include the strengths (it seems to me that there exists
sufficient page width) skip to repeat the strengths, since these are given
already in the left column (as, for example, for Imaginol) provided the
components would be in the same order as the strengths were concatenated.
--> an enhancement request

I do notice, in the column 'regimen', a string of text which I had entered as
the Advice under one of the components of Imaginol however there is a failure
to include (to concatenate) the advice which I had entered and saved under one
of the other components. Maybe only the Advice for the first component gets
shown?
--> a bug?

Under the lower placeholder

        $<current_meds_notes::latex>$

can be seen

        | X |l| X | p7.5cm |

which looks like it is not being correctly processed and therefore not giving
rise to a table. Is there a syntax error therein?

-- Jim