Re: [Gnumed-devel] Placeholders for medications

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Placeholders for medications
Date: Sat, 12 May 2012 16:14:09 +0000

>>      latex_t_emr_summary.tex (my template)
>> From the log, I found
>>
>>      ! LaTeX Error: Environment tabularx undefined.
>
> Which hints at the solution. You need to
>
>       \usepackage{tabularx}
>
> in the preamble of the LaTeX template.

ok, I fixed that, but am not sure why in your example your Drug and Regimen
fitted ok on your page, whereas my first column was too wide and did not even
allow the second to be seen. I do notice, from the logs, that the Drug, Regimen
placeholder

        $<current_meds_table::latex>$

employs 'tabular'

        \begin{tabular}{|l|l|}

 whereas the second table Additional notes placeholder

        $<current_meds_notes::latex>$

employs 'tabularx'

        \begin{tabularx}{\textwidth}{|X|l|X|p{7.5cm}|}

so I wonder whether the first placeholder would better use a two-column
'tabularx' instead of tabular, or whether at minimum to insert in the
placeholder code

        {\textwidth}

would help?

-- Jim