Re: [Gnumed-devel] xelatex/ xetex

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] xelatex/ xetex
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 18:29:44 +0200

On Tuesday, August 21, 2012 03:47:48 PM Busser, Jim wrote:
> On 2012-08-21, at 7:01 AM, Vaibhav Banait <address@hidden> wrote:
> > I renamed xelatex to pdflatex,and viceversa the xelatex can be run by
> > pdflatex command this way, but the things do not work as xelatex seems to
> > depend on pdflatex internally and gives error This is xetex , version
> > Pdflatex.exe : the memory dump file could no be found
> > Pdflatex.exe: Data: pdflatex.fmt
> > I do not know what that mean
>
> If xelatex is renamed pdflatex, but then
>
> - *requires* a resource contained within pdflatexand
> - therefore itself tries to 'call' pdflatex
> - which was unfortunately in this scenario instead renamed to xelatex
>
> maybe the net effect is that xelatex ends up 'calling' itself ?

First I would undo the renaming.

Since I know you are on Windows and most likely have miketex installed you
need to check if xelatex is a complete replacement or not.

I guess so. In that case I would completely uninstall miketex first.

In the meantime I will check how exactly latex gets called from gnumed.

Sebastian