Re: [Gnumed-devel] Formatting inside soap

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Formatting inside soap
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 11:27:05 +0200

Am Sonntag, 21. April 2013, 06:14:39 schrieb Vaibhav Banait:

> If we use latex markup inside the soap, two mechanisms will be needed , one

> to escape something like \ , %, and to preserve whenever a particular words

> like \paragraph \newline or \bf is encountered. Once this is achieved, abbr

> expansion can be used to put desired markups. Another way will be to give

> up latex and use rtf or odt format.

I am not exactly sure how much of what you ask can be achieved. Karsten should know. Bold text and newline should be possible. The question is more along the lines if it is necessary (at least in the soap editor). Do you want to spend you time formatting text ?

I can see a use case where you would like to have prettier printed output. GNUmed has a feature where it will open the latex output for last minute editing befor printing. One could check if lyx could be used for that.

Other then that it seems logical to look at OpenOffice. However there are technical issues with regards to placeholders. For the time being odt is not an option using placeholders.

What you could do is to have OpenOffic pull data out of GNUmed's database. For that you would have to write template which pull data out of GNUmed. Not a real option.

Regards,

Sebastian Hilbert