Re: [Gnumed-devel] Formatting inside soap

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Formatting inside soap
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 20:40:05 +0200

On Sun, Apr 21, 2013 at 06:14:39AM +0000, Vaibhav Banait wrote:

> If we use latex markup inside the soap, two mechanisms
> will be needed , one to escape something like \ , %, and to
> preserve whenever a particular words like \paragraph
> \newline or \bf is encountered.

Now *that's* to technical even for my taste :-)

> Once this is achieved, abbr
> expansion can be used to put desired markups.

Not a bad idea actually ! (but see above)

> Another way will be to give up latex and use rtf or odt format.

That ain't going to happen in my time (at least not in *my*
branch of GNUmed code, forks are of course free to do as
they like).

IMHO, SOAP narrative must be directly readable (at the
database level).

But adding some markup is desirable.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de