Re: [Gnumed-devel] Spell-checking

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Spell-checking
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2013 12:38:49 +0200 (CEST)

> Can anyone think of ways to be able to have spell-checking inside GNUmed?
>
> Can OS-level spell-checking get "inside" GNUmed

We already have that. At least for phrasewheels. If it is
enabled on a particular phrasewheel. It is being used for
suggestions. At least when there's no other suggestions
by a dedicated match provider.

It doesn't make much sense to blanket enable spell checking
because we tend to write a very cursory language so that
many things will be marked for checking (if that were
easily possible in a normal text control).

> Presently, at least when I am writing correspondence

However, it may make sense to splice spellchecking
into particular workflows at particular points.

Tell me exactly where you would want to see spelling
being checked and we can devise ways to do so.