Re: [Gnumed-devel] Imaging as a 'Measurement'

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Imaging as a 'Measurement'
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 15:58:30 +0000

On 2013-07-09, at 9:28 PM, Jim Busser <address@hidden> wrote:

> This BTW reminds me of an IMO missing (but not yet agreed to) functionality
> in the Org Management widget, which is to be able to filter the display of
> Orgs by category of org.

Just thinking through this wish list item … *two* filters come to mind:

(1) a filter on Org name, because presently I have more than 10,000 rows in my
Org table (because I imported my province's directory of physicians).

(2) a second filter, on Category which should work as follows

Consider the case where the user is interested in Laboratories, when there
exist Orgs which are Hospitals underneath which have been created, at the
org_unit level, one or more Laboratories.

Ideally, the filter will show Orgs which meet either of the two conditions:

(1) they are of a category that matches the filter, *or*
(2) they possess an org_unit which matches the filter

and the listing would include

- the Orgs as described above, and
- within these Orgs, only those org_units which match the filter

-- Jim