Re: [Gnumed-devel] Imaging as a 'Measurement'

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Imaging as a 'Measurement'
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 23:33:30 +0200

On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 03:50:23PM +0000, Jim Busser wrote:

> There is a downside, for example, to create multiple
> org_units inside an org, and to then designate each of those
> org_units as a Laboratory.
>
> There exists, for example in my locale, a private
> laboratory which operates 30 or 40 branches (collecting
> stations) in a span of 50 x 50 km.

Since it is the same lab, ultimately, one would expect to
receive results as identical test types regardless of
collecting station. Thusly, it'll suffice to create one
org_unit. This lacks the ability to make the org_unit hold
the address or contact information of the collecting
station, that's true. But you found a workaround:

> I can always input the actual location (org unit) where
> the imaging had been performed into the 'Context" field.

> The thought occurs that it might be helpful to be able to
> reference the original report wherein (for example) the
> measured value can be corroborated and additional
> information accessed.

I've been thinking about this several times but always come
back to the fact that both typically should exist within the
same episode, perhaps even encounter.

> If the report has been imported into the document archive,
> the clinician could choose to mention this in the Context.
>
> I don't see an easy way ATM to "link" from a free text
> area within GNUmed to a URL representing the thing that is
> being referenced.

That's right, there is no such thing, currently.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de