[Gnumed-devel] Imaging as a 'Measurement'

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Imaging as a 'Measurement'
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 04:28:11 +0000

I had been considering to create, inside my org structure,

        Cardiology Dept, VGH (Org)

                Echocardiography Division, VGH (Org unit)
                ECG Division, VGH (Org unit)
                Electrophysiology Division, VGH (Org unit)
                Interventional Cardiology, VGH (Org unit)

and also

        Radiology Department, VGH (Org)

                Abdominal Radiography
                Chest Radiography
                Interventional Radiology
                Musculoskeletal Radiography
                Nuclear Medicine

but I sit confronted with a duality that -- even though the above organizations
or org units generate reports, which can be imported into the patient's GNUmed
document archive -- these same orgs provide measurements within their reports,
for example

        abdominal aortic aneurism
        - the dimensions thereof

        aortic valve stenosis
        - the valve area
        - the pressure gradient

        coronary artery disease
        - coronary artery calcium score

therefore is it necessary to categorize these subunits as 'Laboratories' in
order to be able to create 'test types' that derive from these org units?

Also, since there are about 6 different hospitals in my region which provide
echocardiograms, do I need to create a clonal 'test type' for each of them,
later to be aggregated under a 'meta type' or might it suffice to create a
'fake' org like

        Echocardiography Labs

and then create each among the various hospital's echocardiography units as
'org units' of the 'fake org' ?

This BTW reminds me of an IMO missing (but not yet agreed to) functionality in
the Org Management widget, which is to be able to filter the display of Orgs by
category of org.

-- Jim