Re: [Gnumed-devel] Problems renaming org units in relation to clin.test_

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Problems renaming org units in relation to clin.test_org
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 03:25:23 +0000

On 2013-07-09, at 4:27 PM, Jim Busser <address@hidden> wrote:

So, when creating a new lab via field entry inside

Master data > Manage lists > Test types

is there a chain of events which follows input of a new value in this 'Lab' field … creation of a

new dem.org
new dem.org_unit (both given the same name)

where both are intended to be assigned type ''Laboratory', except there is a bug which fails in one of these assignments?

As judged from my having newly created, via

GNUmed > Master data > Test types

a new test with a (new) Lab named "BC Children''s Hospital", the result appears from the screenshot to be

- a new org that is seen, in the top of the screenshot (arrow) to be auto-assigned the category 'Laboratory'
- a new org_unit (below the yellow tooltip) that is not auto-assigned any Unit category (which, if not a bug, is maybe an oversight ?)

Except there *also* seems to be a bug when attempting to edit the Org category, triggering an unhandled exception. I will send the log.

-- Jim