[Gnumed-devel] Problems renaming org units in relation to clin.test_org

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Problems renaming org units in relation to clin.test_org
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 22:17:43 +0000

Under

GNUmed > master data > Manage lists > Diagnostic organizations

there had existed a lab which I had named

xx

which was part of an org named

xx

and when I later went into the above menu and selected Edit the dialog

Editing diagnostic org

allowed me to edit the name of the Org.Unit which I renamed to

Lifelabs

and while still in this dialog (before clicking OK) I clicked the button "Manage orgs" which brought me to the widget

Managing Organizations and their Units

in which list I located

Organization / Category / #
xx / Laboratory / 24705

and, listed below in the bottom left corner, the Unit "xx" which BTW fails to display its Unit Category (see screenshot).

--> a bug along the way?

but the reason I am reporting this is because when I *first* tried to edit the name of the organization, it would not accept the new name, complaining per the screenshot

You must select a value from the picklist or type an exact match.

So I exited this widget, and I succeeded to save the name of the laboratory, but it seems that despite that the label inside the dialog inside the screenshot 'Renamed clin test_org.png' suggests that I am renaming the Org.Unit is appears I am actually renaming the

clin.test_org

and leading me to wonder about the management of this entity called clin.test_org.

Is it the case that when, inside Master data > Test type management, a user creates a new test type and inputs (creates) a new "Lab", that the middleware results in a

new dem.org of category Laboratory
new dem.org_unit of category Laboratory
new clin.test_org

---> so why do we need a clin.test_org since this seems redundant to the dem.org_unit ??

Lastly, since the clin.test_org table holds no name for the org but must seemingly take its name from the dem.org_unit, how is it possible in the final screenshot

Renamed clin test_org and Org??

that both columns Name (presumably dem.org_unit.description) and Org (presumably dem.org.description) display

Lifelabs

when the org manager still shows "xx" ?

-- Jim