Re: [Gnumed-devel] Problems renaming org units in relation to clin.test_

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Problems renaming org units in relation to clin.test_org
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 21:43:00 +0200

On Tue, Jul 09, 2013 at 11:27:22PM +0000, Jim Busser wrote:

> as well as
>
> a dem.org<http://dem.org>_unit having pk = 21815 having
> *no value for fk_category*

dem.org_unit.fk_category can be NULL

> --> maybe why the org 'Lifelabs' was not listed in any of the alpha or
> category or pk order?

It would be listed last if category is NULL and sorted by
category.

> So, when creating a new lab via field entry inside
>
> Master data > Manage lists > Test types
>
> is there a chain of events which follows input of a new
> value in this 'Lab' field … creation of a
>
> new dem.org<http://dem.org>
> new dem.org<http://dem.org>_unit (both given the same name)
>
> where both are intended to be assigned type ''Laboratory',

Indeed. That is what happens.

> except there is a bug which fails in one of these assignments?

Not really. Upon looking I find that GNUmed nowhere really
enforces test_org.fk_org_unit's to be "Laboratory" :-)

> and also creation of a
>
> clin.test_org
>
> (the need for which I look forward to better understanding).

We use it to store data which goes beyond org_unit:

        .contact
        .comment

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de