Re: [Gnumed-devel] Problems renaming org units in relation to clin.test_

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Problems renaming org units in relation to clin.test_org
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 23:27:22 +0000

On 2013-07-09, at 3:17 PM, Jim Busser <address@hidden> wrote:

Lastly, since the clin.test_org table holds no name for the org but must seemingly take its name from the dem.org_unit, how is it possible in the final screenshot

Renamed clin test_org and Org??

that both columns Name (presumably dem.org_unit.description) and Org (presumably dem.org.description) display

Lifelabs

when the org manager still shows "xx" ?

Part of this I traced with

    SELECT cto.pk org_pk, cto.fk_org_unit,
      unit.pk unit_pk, unit.description unit_desc,
      cat.description cat_description,
      unit.fk_org unit_fk_org,
      org.description org
    FROM clin.test_org cto, dem.org_category cat, dem.org_unit unit, dem.org org
    WHERE cto.fk_org_unit = unit.pk
    AND unit.fk_org = org.pk
    AND unit.description = 'Lifelabs' ;

which revealed to me

an org having pk = 2470

 which can be noted, from my last posting, to have been absent from the Org manager widget, as well as

a dem.org_unit having pk = 21815 having *no value for fk_category*

--> maybe why the org 'Lifelabs' was not listed in any of the alpha or category or pk order?

So, when creating a new lab via field entry inside

Master data > Manage lists > Test types

is there a chain of events which follows input of a new value in this 'Lab' field … creation of a

new dem.org_unit (both given the same name)

where both are intended to be assigned type ''Laboratory', except there is a bug which fails in one of these assignments?

and also creation of a

clin.test_org

(the need for which I look forward to better understanding).

-- Jim