Re: [Gnumed-devel] Measurement workflows - Add a measurement - normal ra

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Measurement workflows - Add a measurement - normal range
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 00:52:03 +0000

>> Can the previous values for units, and associated normal
>> range or clinical target (if entered) also pre-populate the
>> Units and Reference information?
>
> This is not quite as trivial as it sounds. It'd need to
> check whether a unit had already been entered and if so take
> that into account regarding which range information to
> prepopulate. Not to speak of the lab. It'd be unsafe to
> prepopulate with any odd range even if the test type names
> are identical.
>
> Karsten

would it help to separate and decide (agree) for GNUmed to treat

1) "normal" as a property of what the *lab* maintains to be its reference range
for this test, and

2) "target" we can cover in a separate thread since we may have to disambiguate
the desirable range which the lab may supply / suggest as the "usual
therapeutic range" from the situation where the clinician may know (and GNUmed
may eventually support) to store and inform as to a preferred target range
specific for that patient