Re: [Gnumed-devel] Measurement workflows - Add a measurement - normal ra

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Measurement workflows - Add a measurement - normal range
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 00:58:19 +0000

-- Jim Busser

On 2013-07-13, at 5:52 PM, "Busser, Jim" <address@hidden> wrote:

>>> Can the previous values for units, and associated normal
>>> range or clinical target (if entered) also pre-populate the
>>> Units and Reference information?
>>
>> This is not quite as trivial as it sounds. It'd need to
>> check whether a unit had already been entered and if so take
>> that into account regarding which range information to
>> prepopulate. Not to speak of the lab. It'd be unsafe to
>> prepopulate with any odd range even if the test type names
>> are identical.
>>
>> Karsten
>
> would it help to separate and decide (agree) for GNUmed to treat
>
> 1) "normal" as a property of what the *lab* maintains to be its reference
> range for this test,

This perhaps requires growing these columns (upper, lower, alpha_range) into
the test_type table.

I suppose that a lab may alter its normal ranges over time. Therefore we should
still store, with each patient measurement, the normal range (if any) that was
in effect at the time of the test result being generated.

-- Jim