Re: [Gnumed-devel] Measurement workflows - value colour red

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Measurement workflows - value colour red
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 02:37:00 +0000

On 2013-07-16, at 7:11 PM, Rogerio Luz Coelho <address@hidden> wrote:

How about a color for "out of range" flowed by a up-arrow / down-arrow ? I can live with 2 colors though ...

While it is already supported by GNUmed to include whatever abnormality indicator has been supplied by the lab (or manually by the clinician) into the cell, for example

Potassium 3.3 ( - )

problems include:

(1) any indicator auto-supplied by a lab may fail to match a target range, if one has been defined for the patient, and

(2) the existence of a target range will not currently cause the abnormality indicator to be updated however it seems to me reasonable that, at the time of signing, if the clinician accepts to keep a target range that has auto-seeded the measurement, or of the clinician has inputted or altered a target range, then it would be reasonable for GNUmed to process the information and

auto-assign + if the measurement exceeds the target range and
auto-assign - if the measurement falls below the target range

… but I did not recently check what happens if the clinician tries to sign a multiple-selection of results.

-- Jim