Re: [Gnumed-devel] Inadvertent deletion of Procedure when Deleting episo

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Inadvertent deletion of Procedure when Deleting episode
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2013 22:23:05 +0200

On Thu, Aug 01, 2013 at 06:57:10PM +0000, Jim Busser wrote:

> Looking to find some impact (consequence) for one or more
> of the seemingly missing clin.clin_root_item rows for
> example having pk_item = 1040, I ran the following queries
> and cannot locate any clinical rows that would depend on
> such a root item.
>
> Where else can I look for some evidence of whether at some point
> clin.clin_root_item with
>
>       pk_item = 1040
>
> existed?

You'd look at all of the clin.clin_root_item child tables
which you can identify with

        \d+ clin.clin_root_item

and all the audit.log_* tables of each child table ...

> Is there some reason why a sequence number (which I have
> never myself altered) would get skipped?

Yes, an aborted transaction (exception due to whatever
error, which would manifest iteslf in GNUmed as an unhandled
exception) can create a gap.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de