Re: [Gnumed-devel] bootstraping v19 without starting from v2

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] bootstraping v19 without starting from v2
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 15:49:21 +0100

Am Dienstag, 12. November 2013, 15:25:58 schrieb Karsten Hilbert:

> > > On my laptop, it took 18 acknowledgments (and 30 minutes) to go from v2
> > > v19.
> > >
> > > I am attracted to the idea of new users "restoring" a dump of whatever
> > > is
> > > the current version of the db, for example version 19.
> > >
> > > I was even thinking as a service to GNUmed to provide such a dump
> > > *after*
> > > first removing much of the demo data.
> >
> > Is it technically feasible to make v18 the new v1 ?
>
> Yes. But it would be extremely stupid.

The argument always seems to be the user is not supposed to boostrap anyway
and it is a once in a lifetime job and last but not least ideally all it takes
is one password prompt.

Reality is slightly different. Guess this issue will be postponed until it
really becomes an issue. Maybe this never will be the case.

Sebastian