Re: gstep-tests-1.0.0 broken...

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: gstep-tests-1.0.0 broken...
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 15:12:22 +0100

On Wednesday, April 11, 2001, at 02:55 PM, Nicola Pero wrote:

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/nunez/GNUStep.src/gnustep-
tests-1.0.0/Resources'
./gtest-base
./gtest-base: exec: guile-base: not found

You need to do a 'make' before doing the 'make check'

I know it's silly - but I guess developers tend to do things in stages
habitually.
I've updated the makefile in the CVS repository so that a 'make check'
should build
stuff before trying to use it.

Wouldn't it make sense to move guile-base inside the guile module ?

It seems to belong to there - it can be useful in other situations as well
... such as guile testing elsewhere ... not only for gnustep-base tests.

Sounds OK to me.

Incidentally, if we do that, we can drop the gnustep-tests RPM package, as gnustep-tests would only contain guile test scripts to run and nothing to
install.  That would be a simplification.

There is also compiled code in the tests package for testing bundles ...
so there is still stuff to be built. I don't know if that means we need to package as an RPM, but I'd have thought it was simpler for people if we did.