Re: gc in GNUstep (Was: soname of gc variant of gnustep-base)

From: Ovidiu Predescu
Subject: Re: gc in GNUstep (Was: soname of gc variant of gnustep-base)
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 11:26:05 -0700

Nicola,

What is the status for garbage collection support in gstep-base today?

The GNU Objective-C runtime, libFoundation and gstep-db have support
for Boehm's conservative garbage collector for a long time now. It
should be possible to follow the same approach to add support in the
base and GUI libraries as well.

I think it would definitely help a lot if automatic garbage collection
works out of the box with all the GNUstep libraries.

Regards,
--
Ovidiu Predescu <address@hidden>