Re: [Gnu3dkit-dev] GSXView

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: [Gnu3dkit-dev] GSXView
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 08:28:46 -0600

Philippe C.D.Robert wrote:

I started thinking of the design.  It may not be difficult to
implement.  What I have in mind is simply create the X window when the
view receives viewWillMoveToWindow: foo
where foo is non-nil.
We have to check the focusView mechanism, maybe disable displayRect:
and friends.
We have to trap setFrame and friends, to instruct X to effectively
move the X subwindow.

What are your opinions ?
Is there already someone working on this subject?

You might want to contact Lyndon Tremblay <address@hidden>, he just told me that he is about to start working on this subject as well.

Also, I had done some work with Andreas Benzler <address@hidden> on this, but it wasn't finished and I haven't heard from him in a while.

--
Adam Fedor, Digital Optics Corp.      | I'm glad I hate spinach, because
http://www.doc.com                    | if I didn't, I'd eat it, and you