Re: Testing GDL2

From: David Ayers
Subject: Re: Testing GDL2
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 13:10:25 +0100

Stéphane Corthésy wrote:

Hi,

Are there somewhere test cases to help testing GDL2? Did anyone write some small apps testing GDL2?

Hello Stéphane,

Well actually, when I find time, I'm working on a small set of samples that test certain parts of GDL2. AFAIK there are also some poeple who are trying to setup some more comprehensive test suits. It would be nice, if we could agree on a standard test suite to use throughout the GNUstep projects. I started looking into 'guile' but had trouble finding the correct version (It seems 1.6.X has depricated somethings GNUstep-guiile uses.) But even after reverting to 1.4.1 I wasn't able to set it up correctly. But then again I'm absolutly new to guile, which isn't the best precondition to setup test cases for GDL2 in the first place :-). So now I'm back to small test files, but sofar there probably a lot less complex then than the example that you are currently testing with.

I would like to take the oppurtunity to see if there is any interest in standardizing tests for GNUstep. I understand that given the dramatic diffrences in approaches for a gui-app and gsweb-app that there will still be some specialized testing approaches for these parts, but I think standard "regression tests" to test the API basics should be implemented using one standardized test suite. Personally I have no particualr preference (yet :-) ).

Cheers,
Dave