Re: [RFC] Header organization of -base & -gui

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: [RFC] Header organization of -base & -gui
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 10:42:51 +0100 (BST)

> > Maybe we could change the default as Adam seems to suggest, and make the
> > default --disable-flattened and --disable-multi-platform.
>
>     --enable-flattened
>
> is true by default (i.e. make it easy for the User not the Developer).

Ok :-) - a typo in my text - Yes I meant to say you were suggesting that
--enable-flattened was the default.

I'm Ok with that.

Do we all agree then, and can we start changing things ?

The tasks seem to be, in the order:

 1. make --enable-flattened the default
 2. put headers into Headers/$LIBRARY_COMBO if not flattened
 3. change gnustep-base and gnustep-gui to install headers into
    {header dir chosen by gnustep-make}/Foundation/
    {header dir chosen by gnustep-make}/GNUstepBase/
    {header dir chosen by gnustep-make}/AppKit/
    {header dir chosen by gnustep-make}/GNUstepGUI/
 4. remove -Ixxx/Headers/gnustep from gnustep-make
 5. update all GNUstep libraries' #includes for the change.

I suppose I could do the gnustep-make changes (1, 2, 4) and David could do
the library changes (3, 5).