Re: ObjectiveC accessors

From: Marcel Weiher
Subject: Re: ObjectiveC accessors
Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 13:15:25 +0100

I want to keep the language as simple as possible, on the other hand, I think that frequently repeated patters should be simplified and incorporated into the language to simplify readability and maintainability of a source code. What I propose is to call "A device that computes" a "computer" and to say "Google it" instead of "Search it on a Google search engine" :-) In other words, introduce a single word instead of more complex phrase into the language.

What do you think?

I think Objective-C, being C, has this wonderful thing called the pre-processor, which lets you do this sort of thing without cluttering up the language itself. In effect, it's a meta-programming facility.

AccessorMacros handle automatic generation of simple accessors.

        idAccessor( var , setVar )
        intAccessor( var, setVar )

Part of MPWFoundation, obtainable from my web-site.

Marcel

--
Marcel Weiher                           Metaobject Software Technologies
address@hidden          www.metaobject.com