Re: thoughts on WindowMaker

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: thoughts on WindowMaker
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 14:01:34 +0100 (BST)

> > >  >| PS: I think Manuel is gone until mid/late september.  Could anyone
> > > else
> > >  >| look into what's going on with main site?
> > >
> > > I'm back. What's the problem with main site ?
> > >

> > It seems to have updated now :-), thanks.
> > Can we have it update more often?
> >

> Why? It was put there by Alex intentionaly as it is required to be there
> for some time.  Not as a short notice but something that will get into
> visitors eyes immediately.

Except a large part of developers never agreed that the notice should be
there at all.  They were not even informed that the notice would be put
there until we got nasty and offended emails from our fellow WindowMaker
project complaining about our official aggression against them.

We can have this dicussion if you want, if we end up agreeing that the
notice should be there, then we put it there, but not before.

It is all part of normal cooperation between a large group of dispersed
people being part of a project.  We need to talk to each other and discuss
things and realize that none of us singularly is "GNUstep" -- we, _all
together_, are GNUstep.

Thanks