Re: Internal Error: The private GNUstep function to establish the argv a

From: David Ayers
Subject: Re: Internal Error: The private GNUstep function to establish the argv and environment was not called
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2005 17:20:09 +0200

Gregory John Casamento wrote:

> David,
>
> --- David Ayers <address@hidden> wrote:
>

>>Jürgen Lorenz Simon wrote:
>>

>>>Here are the SUSE and gcc versions for both machines:
>>>
>>>Development: Suse Linux 9.1, gcc 3.3.3
>>>Deployment: Suse Linux 9.0, gcc 3.3.1
>>
>>I would be surprised if 9.1 were backward binary backward compatible to
>>9.0 even though the gcc versions may imply it.  I know from our
>>applications that we definitely need to rebuild for 9.1, 9.2 and 9.3 (we
>>don't support 9.0) but we also depend on many other packages.
>

> GNUstep does support SuSE 9.0, I believe.

Oh indeed.  I said that I would be surprised if binaries compiled
against the packages of SuSE 9.1 were binary compatible with the
binaries compiled against previous SuSE 9.0 release packages.  If you
build GNUstep against the 9.0 packages, then those should definitely
work on any other 9.0 with the corresponding packages installed.

Cheers,