Re: ANN: StepTalk Palette 1.0

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: Re: ANN: StepTalk Palette 1.0
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 17:15:26 -0700 (PDT)

Nicolas,

This is great!!

--- Nicolas Roard <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I wrote a Gorm palette that let you create StepTalk scripts you can
> drag'n drop on a window, and connect objects to it.
> For example, it can easily be used to create the famous "calculator"
> example (3 textfields plus a button..).
> It works well, and I figured some people here could be interested
> (plus it's an example of how to make a palette).
>
> It's here: http://www.roard.com/gnustep/STPalette-1.0.tgz
> licenced under LGPL.
>
> More informations about the why and how here: http://
> camaelon.blogspot.com , and check the READMEs.
>
> You need to install first libStepTalkView then compile the palette
> itself and load it in gorm. If you want to use this view in your app
> you need to link your app to libStepTalkView.
>
> Have fun !
>
> --
> Nicolas Roard
> "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
>   -Arthur C. Clarke

I only have one comment.  The object doens't have to be a view.  It can be any
object at all.  So it's possible to just use a normal step talk object instead
of making StepTalkView.  :)

We can discuss this later.

GJC

Gregory John Casamento
-- CEO/President Open Logic Corp. (A MD Corp.)
## Maintainer of Gorm (IB Equiv.) for GNUstep.