Re: pl2link not found when doing "sudo make install"

From: David Ayers
Subject: Re: pl2link not found when doing "sudo make install"
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 10:02:37 +0200

Frederico Muñoz schrieb:
> Hello all,
>
> I have this problem lingering for some time now and I can't detect
> what causes it: whenever I do make install via sudo I get a "/bin/sh:
> pl2link: command not found" error message. I have found some messages
> with this problem in the archives but, alas, no answers.

This is a security feature of your sudo configuration...

sudo(8)
ENVIRONMENT
        PATH    Set to a sane value if sudo was configured with
                the --with-secure-path option

Look at:
env |grep ^PATH
vs.
sudo env |grep ^PATH
and watch the GNUstep paths disappear.

Personally my inclination would be that we should try to avoid to run
any GNUstep tools during "make install" and have everything needed run
during make.  But I'm not deep enough into -make to understand all the
implications to know if that's practical or not.  For now I really
switch to root (which sets up by environment by sourcing GNUstep.sh) and
invoke "make install".

Cheers,