System & System Extension color lists

From: Sheldon Gill
Subject: System & System Extension color lists
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 12:25:15 +0800

Unification of the System color list
====================================

To support better theming and user configurability generally it is desirable for users to be able to specify the use of colors.

Currently this is done through the System color list, which is created at initialisation through hardcode values or by loading a user created list.

GSToolbar uses a "System extension" to add it's two color values.

Is there any reason why we can't unite these additions into the System color
list?

Saving of the color list

At the moment, in NSColor.m -> initSystemColors()

If there is no previously saved System color list, it will automatically write one out.

I'd like to change this. That is:
  if there is no previously saved list, we don't simply write a default one
  out but rather rely on the initialiser every time.

Any objections?

Regards,
Sheldon