Re: question to backend/gui guru...

From: Sašo Kiselkov
Subject: Re: question to backend/gui guru...
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 14:43:03 +0200

address@hidden wrote:
Selon "Philippe C.D. Robert" <address@hidden>:

Hi,

On 12.09.2006, at 11:29, address@hidden wrote:
Some of the classes i might use :
(picked up from
www.gnustep.org/resources/documentation/Developer/Gui/Reference/)

NSColor*
NSCursor
NSEvent
NSFileWrapper
NSFont*, NSGlyph*
NSImage*
NSGraphicsContext
NSOpenGL*
NSResponder
NSScreen
NSSound

At least NSResponder and NSEvent will be very useful.
If you use SDL and its event handling then you don't need those
classes as well as NSGraphicsContext , NSOpenGL* and friends. Also,
how would you want to use NSFont* and NSGlyph* in an OpenGL context?

I assume it is a lot easier to use SDL for all this stuff rather than
tweaking gui to work w/ SDL. You are still able to use base, of
course. I've done that myself.

-Phil
--
Philippe C.D. Robert
http://www.nice.ch/~phip

You're probably right. I've read some appkit source files : all theses classes
seem to be closely bound to each others... very hard to use one without using
some others, and so on. (is this a design choice?)(ie: many classes use some
NSPanel to display error message !)

I've changed my roadmap : I code my project step by step and i'll add some
gnustep classes only when i need them. At end if i really need a display
server... well... I'll work on it.

Thks

Xavier