make help

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: make help
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 02:14:26 +0200 (CEST)

I was thinking of adding a little bit of inline help for gnustep-make.
What's the best way ?  I was thinking of adding a target like

$> make help
This is gnustep-make 1.13.0.

Most common targets:
 make all (builds)
 make install (installs)
 make uninstall (uninstalls)
 make clean (deletes built files)
 make distclean (deletes all built files)
 make dist (creates a .tar.gz of the software sources)

Most common options that can be used with any of the targets:
 debug=no (turns off generation of debug symbols)
 strip=yes (strips executables and objects before installing)
 shared=no (builds static executable and objects)
 messages=yes (prints verbosely all commands being executed)
 GNUSTEP_INSTALLATION_DIR=/usr/GNUstep/System (installs in the specified dir)

$>

Anyone has got a better idea ?

Thanks