Re: Problem with gnustep trunk

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: Problem with gnustep trunk
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 14:05:36 +0100 (CET)

>> Well, bytes value is "février" (in iso-8859-1 I think) and comes from
>>
>> [NSString stringWithUTF8String: nl_langinfo (MON_1+1)]

Maybe we need to use nl_langinfo(CODESET) instead of UTF-8 to interpret the
bytes ?
(no idea, didn't have time to really look up the doc)

> If I use C (or en) locale), I simply get the warning someone already reported
> :
>
> File NSUserDefaults.m: 552. In [NSUserDefaults +standardUserDefaults]
> Improper installation: No language locale found

This was a very interesting problem where [NSBundle +initialize] would try to
create the
_gnustep_bundle, which uses the standard [NSBundle -initWithPath:] which then
ends up using
[NSUserDefaults +sharedDefaults] which would try using the _gnustep_bundle to
lookup resources.

I modified NSUserDefaults to lookup gnustep-base language resource files
directly.  That
broke the dependency loop on my machine, and it works for me now :-)

Please try again from trunk.

Thanks