Re: GPLv2 licensing issues

From: Yavor Doganov
Subject: Re: GPLv2 licensing issues
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 09:39:51 +0000 (UTC)

В Fri, 11 Apr 2008 09:08:52 +0000, Yavor Doganov написа:

>> I mentioned it on a previous e-mail, the issue needs to be escalated to
>> and clarified by the FSF.
>
> As Hubert explained, there is nothing to clarify.

Actually, this particular problem is one of the main reasons why the
relicensing of major libraries like GNU Libc and GnuTLS was put on hold
(for at least a year, AFAIK) -- to allow a longer period during which
people can upgrade smoothly to GPLv3 and LGPLv3.