Re: Help needed with debugging

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: Help needed with debugging
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 22:33:59 +0000

On 22 Nov 2008, at 17:47, David Chisnall wrote:

Hey Fred,

When I've seen this kind of error before in gdb, it's been due to mismatches between linker and debug symbols. GNUstep Make seems to have a few bugs which I haven't been able to track down which means it doesn't always rebuild all objects that depend on a modified header, which can allow these to be misaligned.

I have never seen such a bug - if you have seen a case, please submit a report ;-)

Btw, the list of header files that a compiled file depends upon is generated by GCC, not
by gnustep-make - gnustep-make only imports it ;-)

Thanks