Re: RFA: patches

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: RFA: patches
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2009 23:00:55 +0100

address@hidden wrote:
> This is just a heads-up for my patches, since I don' want to commit them
> without your feedback.
>
> 1. I implemented key repeat support for keyboard events in GServerEvent
> 2. I implemented mouse position setting support in GSDisplayServer and
> XGServerWindow. I really need that feature in any serious OpenGL
> application.
> 3. I did some NSOpenGL improvements, like multisampling support. I think
> I should coordinate my work there with Xavier and Matt.

Thank you for sharing your code before the commit. I currently only have
 time to skim over i, but I surely will look more closely tomorrow.
What I noticed:

- Your mouse positioning in back works in windows coordinates. The
mouselocation method works in screen coordinates and I would expect this
method to work similar.

- Your code for repeat keys will report the first press of a key as
repeat. I would expect the first one not to be a repeat, but all the
following events should report the same key as a repeat.

- You removed some protection for redefines of id and BOOL when
importing glx.h. Are you sure these aren't needed any more on all platforms?