Re: [Gnustep-cvs] r28443 - in /libs/gui/trunk: ChangeLog Source/GSTextSt

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: [Gnustep-cvs] r28443 - in /libs/gui/trunk: ChangeLog Source/GSTextStorage.m Source/NSTextView.m
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 07:15:03 +0100

On 12 Aug 2009, at 21:10, Fred Kiefer wrote:

I am not sure about the moving of classForPortCoder and
replacementObjectForPortCoder. Isn't the default behaviour the correct
one, as soon as we have clasForCoder return NSTextStorage?

Ah, yes and no ...
I'm pretty sure that if classForCoder returns NSTextStorage you don't need to implement classForPortCoder to do the same thing (though it would be harmless to do so). However, the default for replacementObjectForPortCoder is to return a proxy, so you *do* need to override that to return self.